Re: Finnish digital youth culture! (needs help)

Toni Alatalo ([email protected])
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 14:52:29 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Don Tapscott wrote:

> I can send you a copy of the book if you want... It's looking very good to
> be a best-seller... and I hope very influential..

Why do you hope so..?

I just returned from the bookshop here at the VU Amsterdam, went to look
for something else but noticed yours there too. Was very well up there for
everybody to see and undoubtfully sells a lot. The price was of course way
too high for me so I asked for a paperback but they didn't know of any, is
there such?

I browsed it through though, seemed like good (and a lot of!) work with
all the interviews etc. Somehow, however, it felt quite remote. I guess it
was the way computers and technology were approached. It always confuses
me: for example when we go to teach the 'net we hardly think of computers
or say anything about them but are still put under that label, if you know
what I mean.

Anyway, if the offer for a copy included me I'd be delighted to have one
too. Promotion guaranteed :)

My address is on the homepage, http://www.cs.vu.nl/~antont/ and seems to
be:

Toni Alatalo
Laan van Kronenburg 533A
1183 AS Amstelveen
Netherlands

Tel. +31-20-4449275

And any comments about the (still quite vague) http://an.org/inet98/ would
be appreciated. I'll check your site now.

Thank you for your time and good luck in all your efforts!

+ an + ~ Toni ~ : (t . !