Re: 98332: INET'98 Abstract Review Notification

Laura Breeden ([email protected])
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:11:37 -0800

Toni,

I hope your exam went well. What are you studying?

Re IRC, I have to confess that I don't really get it. I think this is because:

1) I'm 46 years old.
2) I'm fond of talking in real time, and find chat incredibly frustrating
because of the slowness of it and the "noise", especially when many people
are in a "room" who are unknown to each other.
3) If I'm going to multiprocess I don't want one of the processes to be
live chat... I can't keep the momentum of a conversation going. And
multiprocessing is the only way I can tolerate the slowness of chat. :-)

However, I know that many people like it a lot (including some middle aged
women like me), and so I think this is just a personal preference.

Maybe you can talk about chat in your presentation...

Laura