Re: Finnish Forest Net People telepresent in Inet'98

Toni Alatalo ([email protected])
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:36:54 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Laura Breeden wrote:

> I think Vint Cerf will be participating in the youth panel... as long
> as his schedule allows. Isn't that cool?! I told him about the picture
> of him dancing in KL.

That is just as amazing as always. I guess I told you earlier how
important I felt back then in KL that those good old guys are still
around. It is just .. unbelievable that even now that the things have
developed as they are the people who got so much started are still here.

And dancing! :)

Thanks a lot for what you have done once again!
I also informed the netppl back in Finland about this.

> she wrote back that you were "eloquent"! Sheva works in Los Angeles as
> a producer of online content with and by teenagers. I think you will
> like her (she is about 26 and beautiful :-). We need to figure out how
> it would make sense to work together. The nice thing about her work is
> that they have experienced teen writers and a large audience on America
> Online. So we will get more publicity for our event. Does this sound
> good to you??

Sounds just great! Except that I guess I check that word first but don't
bother to do it now. And AOL has the reputation it has. And that they say:
"never trust someone over 25" (well that's the old thinking, we need to
build the network to bridge the generations as well!).

Seriously: that's good.

> I have a mental image of the "forest net people" covered with vines,
> living in the trees, and communicating by wireless modem from their
> laptops...

:)

I might search you some pictures from last summer, they are on-line but I
don't remember where yet!

~Toni