lifegoing

Toni Alatalo ([email protected])
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:23:18 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 30 Mar 1998, Laura Breeden wrote:

> This does sound fun, especially the dancing. I was in Denmark and
> Norway once in June and it was colder than I thought (I had to buy a

Well dancing is what we live for :)

Last weekend was really warm, 18 degrees celcius through the nights even,
like summer (the July) in Finland if we're lucky. Was just great. Fresh!

> Let me know if you need to find a place to stay, I can ask the program
> committee if anyone has extra space in their house or hotel.

Oh, that would be lovely!

Last year I did manage to arrange the money for the Malaysian trip and the
two week stay there but it really was hard work and made the whole stay
there pretty hectick as I had to report everything for different Finnish
media all the time to cover the costs.

Now sponsors should be easy to find but I hate that kind of work and the
possible compromises it sometimes leads to, not to mention publicity. I'm
more into living in minimal conditions and with minimal costs so that kind
of options, instead of expensive single rooms in a hotel, sound really
good.

> This sounds great except I can't figure out how you could rest on a
> laser... are they soft??? I think not!!

Perhaps the Swiss also have lasers for us to sleep on?
Optical! (is also name of one of the Dj's playing last weekend)

Well ok, they were the soft cushions whatever that you use when packing
things, like lasers, for transortation so that they don't get hurt. I
guess I didn't explain it too clearly.. :)

> If you could talk to one net person, who would it be? Maybe we can get
> this person to participate in our session....

Bjork? Oh, not her, she's not into talking anyway.
My ex-girlfriend? No .. no.

I don't know. You'll probably learn that Finns often need time to
consider. I've learned to react fast, though, but that's different.
Except that now even reaction took long as I've been trying to answer all
the other mail considering the funny forest-post that has been coming in..

I'll get back to the youth issue later.

We also had an interesting lecturer today, this one guy who's working for
the (UN?) High Comissioneer on (National?) Minorities. He knew everything
behind what's going on in Kosovo etc. Gee.

~Toni