Re: Finnish Forest Net People telepresent in Inet'98

Laura Breeden ([email protected])
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:47:18 -0800

Toni,

Hi! I am sorry to have been out of contact. Things are fine, though. Your paper is accepted and entered in the INET database. We are going ahead with a youth panel. I am reading Don Tapscott's book and getting ideas for questions/themes for the panel
(I will be the moderator). I am thinking of asking Vint Cerf to be present for questions. (He is interested in the panel.) What do you think?

I love the idea of having the "forest people" chat with us from the shores of those beautiful Finnish lakes. I don't know about connectivity to the Alps, but Switzerland/Geneva are very beautiful and the chocolate and the beer are good. Expensive, thoug
h! And not as wild as Finland.

Can you still come to the conference??

Also, I am working on having a US group of teenagers host a Web event in which kids from all over the world could interact with those at the conference. This group hosts a big center on America Online called "Plug In." They are based in California (Holl
ywood and the Bay Area). They have a lot of experience and some very good web designers (all under 30 years old :-).

The other panelists so far are children (16-18) of INET program committee members, like Nathan Klingenstein (16, from Colorado, USA) and Eric Perlman (18, from California). I am trying to get some women/girls and people from outside Europe and North Amer
ica.

Let me know how you are...

Laura

Laura Breeden & Associates
215 Waverley Street, #4
Menlo Park, CA 94025
phone 650.853.3040
fax 650.853.3047
email [email protected]

_Strategic Internet Consulting_