Re: INET98 answers

Laura Breeden ([email protected])
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 07:42:29 -0700

Everyone,

This is Laura thanking you for doing such a great job on these questions and answers! I am really looking forward to our live interaction in Geneva, and I know the panel will be terrific.

Here are some updates for you:

1) We will be meeting at 3 PM on the afternoon of Wednesday, July 22 to go over the format and logistics of the panel. I will find a location and let you know where it is once we are there. PLEASE SEND ME A PHONE NUMBER WHERE I CAN REACH YOU IN GENEVA. Our default will be to meet at the conference hotel, a Holiday Inn next to Palexpo (the conference center), in the lobby.

2) Good news: You're all invited, free, to all the social events at INET! These are dinners and receptions and such like. One is being held in the international automobile museum, I noticed. For info on these, check the conference web page at http://www.isoc.org/inet98.

3) Not-so-good news: Tomas and Hayley could not find funding for their trips and have had to drop out of the panel. Yuri can be taken off the list too (he is Tomas' sponsor). The panel will have six young people plus Sheva plus Vint Cerf.

4) Flyer: I'd like you to design a one page flyer that we can print and distribute at the conference to promote our panel. (On the plane you can think about this...) It should be brief and fun and make people want to come see us. We will pass this out at the conference.

5) Panel questions: I'm putting together a list of questions that I will ask you during the panel. They will use issues that you have raised in your discussion and will include some new ones. I'm thinking of things like "How old should a person be before using the Internet without supervision?" and "Is the Internet overly dominated by English-language information and sites? If so, what does that mean for the culture of your country or group?". I will run these by you at our Wednesday meeting. If
ou think they are stupid or off base, you will tell me, please! You can feel free to add others, too.

6) While in Geneva I will be staying at the:

Hotel Drake
rue Butini 7
1202 Gen�ve
tel: +41 22 731 67 50
fax: +41 22 738 00 07

I arrive July 21 in the morning.

Best wishes and thanks again,
Laura

Laura Breeden & Associates
215 Waverley Street, #4
Menlo Park, CA 94025