World Surf

Toni Alatalo ([email protected])
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:59:41 +0200 (EET)

sounds fascinate me.

they're taking over the net? (well not quite but still)
and changed by it?

Joel is an expert. American, btw, always talks about it.

I guess this is what I mean by World Surf.
"IRC and net-behaviour" are interesting
everywhere. Ministries and artists studios
and whatever. Funny.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 00:28:34 +0100
From: joel ryan <[email protected]>
To: Toni Alatalo <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: hypersounds?

Tony

where have you been
Im not in israel (canceled by a combination of sex and CNN)

we should talk re hyper(sound)
I think metaphors which draw from
IRC or other net-behavior might adapt to music
but the fact that music is not just syntax or grammer
but quantity is always a problem

<bold>Haptic</bold> this is vital for music.
We're (STEIM) organizing a touch festival in the fall
a kind of invitational sypmposium on the intelligence
of musical touch. and a day or three of concerts
what has been done about touch in non musical
apps?

Finally found time to view the inet stuff

I love the openess of the presentaion
a big question is did you learn english by typeing?

would like to (per)cieve you when you have time.
I have a week off (in a sense) next week
since Im not in israel

Been making tapes

)

>Hi there!
>
>How you're doing?
>

>I've been busy (in a relax yet a bit stressed way)
>writing the http://an.org/inet98/ thing.
>

>Especially the discussions with this American Laura have been hard fun!,
>take a look at them there if you're interested.
>
>Because of all that writing the rest of the life has been mostly just
>hanging around, checking what they teach here at the university and what
>kind of projects and people and happening elsewhere.
>
>Today, however, the Hypermedia people organizing the course I started
>following a couple of weeks ago asked us to write something by Monday.
(...)

>How would hypersounds strike you?
>http://www.cs.vu.nl/~antont/hypermedia/whatever.txt
>
>+ an + ~ Toni ~ : (t . !

Joel Ryan
STEIM "Studio for Electro-Instrumental Music"
Institute of Sonology
Frankfurt Ballet
Achtergracht 19, 1017 Amsterdam
+31 (020) 624-3886